RIVER RAT RAMBLE REDUX
The first attempt was Omaha-ed due to the massive sewage spill on the river. Join us as we complete the trip.
Date: September 23-24, 2017
We will be traveling by human powered boat on the longest undammed stretch of the Catawba River. The trip will begin at the Lake Wylie Dam and conclude in Great Falls, SC. This will be an overnight trip and involve camping on an island only accessible by water. This is a sizeable distance to paddle and should prove a challenge for all Pax.This event will have great opportunities for 2nd and 3rd F. If you would like to attend and do not possess the proper gear we will help you locate things to borrow. We should have enough time to take some shorter training runs to prepare everyone with the proper knowledge of the river to be successful. Please stay tuned for further details, training opportunities, and gear lists. This is going to be a memorable event!
- Embark 0800 Saturday morning
- Paddle to island campsite approximately 24 miles downstream
- Camp overnight
- Sunday short worship at camp
- Paddle approximately 13 miles to take out
- Please note there are some new parameters. NO BOATS shorter than 10′ or past the weight limit of your boat. Also there will be a cap of 12 PAX so sign up early. Preference will be given to those previously signed up.
Questions: Contact River Rat