8 HIM (1 Runner) gathered in the early morning gloom trusting YHC to lead them to be better. That will always be a heavy calling and one that we should never take lightly. The disclaimer was given and the 5 points of F3 were reviewed and we proceded with the warm up.
- SSH – 20 (IC)
- Legs spread stretch to the Right, Center, Left
- On 6 for a Butterfly Stretch
- LBC’s – 10 (IC)
- Hello Dolly’s – 10 (IC)
- On Feet to Stretch Arms across chest to the Right and Left
- Stretch arm behind head to the Right and Left
- Mosey with Bell to back of Academy Sports building. A few PAX planked and a few picked up the 6
- People’s Chair – 10 count
- 5 Merkin train starting on Left while we did the People’s Chair
- We took a second to shake our legs out then were back in the People’s Chair
- People’s Chair with Curls – 10 (IC)
- Mosey to ramp by Sam’s Gas
- Here we did 5 Sets of the following
- At Top of ramp with bell we did 10 Tricep Extensions and 10 Goblet Squats
- At Bottom of ramp with bell we did 10 Man Makers
- After our 5 sets we took a 10 Count
- Mosey back to COT
- The InchWorm was introduced to the PAX.
- The InchWorm is The Squaterpillar but with the addition of Calf Raises. The PAX line up with one bell on the end of the line. The person on the end of the line does 10 2-handed curls while the PAX do squats. The bell is passed to the next person and the PAX who did curls runs to the end of the line. 10 more curls while the rest of the PAX do calf raises. Rinse and repeat as the Inchworm progresses down the parking lot.
- 10 John Deer (Rt)
- 10 John Deer (Lt)
- Steph Curry with bell down parking lot
- Around the World with bell back up parking lot
- Lap around the parking lot
After the workout, I shared with the PAX about the Rock Region Word of the Month – Measure. There is nothing wrong with measuring ourselves against something, but we need to make sure we are using the right tool. When we use the wrong tool, we create expectations. And if those expectations are not met we begin to worry, stress, and fret. In Matthew 6, Jesus is speaking about this very thing. He says:
25“This is why I tell you to never be worried about your life, for all that you need will be provided, such as food, water, clothing—everything your body needs. Isn’t there more to your life than a meal? Isn’t your body more than clothing?26“Look at all the birds—do you think they worry about their existence? They don’t plant or reap or store up food, yet your heavenly Father provides them each with food. Aren’t you much more valuable to your Father than they? 27So, which one of you by worrying could add anything to your life?28“And why would you worry about your clothing? Look at all the beautiful flowers of the field. They don’t work or toil, 29and yet not even Solomon in all his splendor was robed in beauty more than one of these! 30So if God has clothed the meadow with hay, which is here for such a short time and then dried up and burned, won’t he provide for you the clothes you need—even though you live with such little faith?
You see God already knows what you need. We just need to trust Him and use His measuring tool – scripture – not social media. The problem with expectations comes in when we expect God to come through on our time table or in the way we want Him to. Faith is not simply believing in God – even the demons know he exists. But faith is believing that God will come through when, how, and with what I need according to His viewpoint and plan.