F3 Rock Region PAX,
Given the swift and sweeping changes we are seeing globally, F3 Rock Region’s Leadership Team believes it important to proactively issue this initial address with our position on the Covid-19 pandemic and its impact on our actions. As changes continue, so may our position.
While it is vitally important that we as leaders maintain a calm sense of perspective and avoid overreaction, it is necessary that we implement some practical change in the interests of all, as well as issue a reminder about who we are as F3 men in our communities.
- As we participate in F3 of our own free will, we ask you to be diligent about your health and follow SCDHEC and the CDC’s recommendations for personal hygiene. More importantly, we ask you to take measures to be respectful of your brother’s health as well.
- None of us know what fight the man next to us has with his own health. With that we ask, if you’re not feeling well, if you present any signs or symptoms of illness, or if you believe you may have been in contact with others potentially carrying Covid-19… please stay home and exercise the CDC’s recommendation for self-exclusion.
- We respectfully ask that if you do present symptoms of any respiratory illness, you seek medical attention right away and communicate openly with someone from our leadership team.
- If you have recently traveled internationally by air to an area with widespread, ongoing community spread please self- quarantine so as not to expose others until you are cleared per the CDC’s guidance. We recognize that we have Pax that have traveled internationally recently and want nothing more than to post and fellowship with them. This is simply out of an overabundance of caution.
- As you design your workouts, we ask that you limit activities requiring close personal contact during partner exercises.
- For our coveted Circle of Trust, we ask that these be executed from the Name-O-Rama circle position verses the Ball-Of-Man.
- We ask that you respect every man’s concern with this virus and never belittle anyone wishing to modify their activity for their own well-being.
We’ll respectfully ask you to remember that as leaders in our communities, it is our responsibility to help maintain a sense of safety, security and order for those around us and be that “rock” for anyone struggling with the fear that this pandemic may bring. Don’t forget the mission: To Grow and Serve small group workouts for the invigoration of male community leadership. Rock Hill and York County need us, men.
We encourage everyone to stay engaged with each other via Twitter, Facebook, text or phone calls. We remind you that the impacts of this pandemic may be more challenging and frightening for some than others, and to support each other with empathy and compassion. We ask you to be open and transparent with your own concerns and never hesitate to reach out to the group for support when needed. Make sure to reach out and take care of the 6, in particular those who may be financially or otherwise negatively impacted by this situation.
Again, we are an organization of virtuous leaders, if we can be of aid to our communities we need to look for those opportunities, step-up and lead with courage. We deeply want The Gloom to remain a place of normalcy amidst this challenging time, but feel these few practical requests are important. As always, we ask that each man push himself hard every day, but please do so with the respect of others forefront in your hearts!
That is all, SYITG!
-F3 Rock Region