I started out the morning with the usual disclaimer, then we got started with a few warmup exercises.
- 15 Side Straddle Hops IC
- 15 Hillbilly Walkers IC
- 15 Cherry Pickers IC
- 10 Windmills IC
We took tour around the Winthrop campus stopping at various points to complete some exercises. Each stop we would complete the exercises from the previous stops and add a new one. In all, we made 10 stops.
- At the AO we did 1 Burpee and moseyed to the campus entrance at the end of Park Ave.
- Added 3 Big Boys and moseyed to the flag pole in front of Tillman Hall where Ponytail led us in the Pledge.
- Added 6 Alternating Shoulder Taps (double count) and moseyed to Byrnes Aud.
- Added 10 Flutter Kicks (double count) and took a lap around Byrnes Aud.
- Added 15 Merkins and moseyed to the bottom of the stairs along Scholars Walk.
- Added 21 Freddie Mercuries (double count) and took a lap around both circles
- Added 28 Carolina Dry Docks and moseyed to Alumni Drive
- Added 35 LBC’s and moseyed to the parking lot before the bend on Alumni Drive
- Added 45 Overhead Claps and moseyed back to the COT
- Added 55 Squats or as many of the previous exercises that could be completed before 0600.
In all, we did:
- 10 Burpees
- 27 Big Boy Situps
- 48 Alternating Shoulder Taps
- 70 Flutter Kicks
- 90 Merkins
- 105 Freddie Mercuries
- 112 Carolina Dry Docks
- 105 LBC’s
- 90 Overhead Claps
- 55 Squats
- And covered 1.65 miles
While in front of Byrnes Auditorium, I spoke briefly about the importance of being intentional about prayer. Often times when someone brings a prayer request to our attention, we easily say, “I will pray for you,” but it’s another thing to actually take the time and pray. So, at various stops along the workout, we took time to pray over a request raised by a pax in our group.
We finished up with the COT (Count off, Name-O-Rama, Announcements and additional prayer requests).
I closed us out with prayer.
As always, it is an honor and privilege to lead. Thank you for the opportunity, Jester and Goldplate.