14 men decided to test their Christmas Trivia knowledge this morning at Petra. With a new batch of questions and a PAX full of mumblechatter, I knew this one would be fun. Here’s what we did:
- 10 Monkey Humpers (IC)
- 10 Low Slow Squats (IC)
- 10 MNCs (IC)
- 10 Overhead Claps (IC)
- 10 Little Baby Arm Circles (IC)
- 10 Chinooks (IC)
- 10 Wonder Womans (IC)
- 10 Bomb Jacks
Mosey around the full parking lot
The PAX took turns reading the cards at each stop. If correct, they led the exercise on the card. If incorrect, it was 5 Burpees for all. We missed 4 questions.
- How many ghosts show up in “A Christmas Carol?”
- Four – 10 SSHs (IC)
- In “A Christmas Story,” which department store has the item in its window that Ralphie wants?
- Higbee’s – 10 Monkey Humpers (IC)
- In the movie “Elf,” what is the name of the author Buddy calls an “Angry Elf?”
- Miles Finch – 10 Moroccan Night Clubs (IC)
- What is the name of the dog in “How the Grinch Stole Christmas?”
- Max – 10 Low Slow Squats (IC)
- What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in “It’s a Wonderful Life?”
- Clarence Odbody – 10 Merkins (IC)
- In the 1996 Christmas comedy “Jingle All the Way,” what is the name of the action figure that the father in the film is desperately trying to obtain?
- Turbo Man – 10 Overhead Claps (IC)
- In “Miracle on 34th Street,” in what department store does Kris Kringle work?
- Macy’s – 10 Big Boy Sit-ups
- What are the neighbors names in “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation?”
- Margo and Todd – 10 Wide Arm Merkins (IC)
- In “The Polar Express,” how did The main character lose the bell?
- Through the hole in his pocket – 10 Seal Jacks (IC)
- What is the name of the doe that Rudolph likes in “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?”
- Clarice – 10 Flutters (IC)
- What color is the ornament Charlie Brown puts on his tree?
- Red – 10 Ranger Merkins (IC)
- What is the name of the head elf in “The Santa Clause?”
- Bernard – 10 Bomb Jacks (IC)
- In “Home Alone 2,” what movie was Kevin watching in the limo on the way to Duncan’s Toy Chest?
- “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” – 5 Burpees
- In which modern-day country was St. Nicholas born in?
- Turkey – 10 Alternating Shoulder Taps (IC)
- According to the song, what did my true love give to me on the eighth day of Christmas?
- Eight maids a milking – 10 LBCs (IC)
- What is the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
- “Home Alone” – 5 Burpees
- Whose eyes are all aglow in “The Christmas Song?”
- Tiny tots – 10 Bobby Hurleys
- Three of Santa’s reindeer’s names begin with the letter “D.” What are those names?
- Dancer, Dasher, and Donner – 10 Hillbilly Walkers (IC)
- What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made out?
- A button – 20 Calf Raises
- In the 1964 movie “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” what was the name of Rudolph’s elf friend?
- Hermey – 10 American Hammers (IC)
- A teenager gets more than he bargained for from his Christmas present in ‘80s cult hit Gremlins. Which Disney film do the furry critters end up watching at a movie theatre?
- “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” – 10 Jump Squats (IC)
- Christmas-set comedy “Trading Places” revolves around a wager between two rich men who force a stockbroker and a homeless man to trade lives. How much was the wager for?
- $1 – 10 Carolina Dry Docks (IC)
- What cartoon character is a Christmas Eve staple in Sweden and is watched by millions of Swedes every year?
- Donald Duck – 5 Burpees
- Which US president had the first White House Christmas Tree?
- Benjamin Harrison – 10 Rosalitas (IC)
- Twice in “Die Hard,” Sgt. Al Powell sings a Christmas-related song to himself. What’s the song?
- “Let it Snow” – 5 Burpees
84% ain’t bad. Great job today, fellas. Shoutout to Walker for knowing the old movie answers and to Pepperoni for pulling out the Max and Turkey answers. Roxanne instinctively knew Harrison, even though he was a forgettable president. Kenyan knew with confidence that Higbee’s was the spot to find the official Red Ryder carbine action, 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time. White Hat was on it with the new stuff. Overall, you guys crushed this one.
Also, thanks for indulging me on this Rock Region tradition. I know it felt funny trying to draw out a Christmas tree in Strava, but you boys rolled with it. I appreciate y’all.
Its this time of year when the stress levels rise that we should take time out to be kids – to have a child-like wonder and excitement for the coming days. We often forget in the hustle and bustle to slow down and enjoy the time with family. Let’s remember the ultimate gift given to this world and live in the joy knowing that we are loved beyond comprehension.
Make today a great day, fellas. I love you.