F3’s mission is “to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.” It’s that simple.
There are 5 tenants we are expected to uphold…
- Are free of charge
- Are open to ALL men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification required
- End with a Circle of Trust
It is the belief of the leadership in the Rock region that bringing 2.0s (specifically young men) to workouts can be a strong positive influence in their development, both physically and emotionally. They need to learn how men act, they need to see men accelerating.
But there are a few clauses to this being 2.0 inclusive…
- F3 workouts (& F3 Dads events) are not a babysitting service. If your 2.0 wants to make it to a workout and you cannot be there clear it with a PAX who will be there. Make sure someone is responsible for your child, it is not to be left in the wind. Dropping and running is not acceptable.
- Female 2.0’s are welcomed to all F3 Dad’s events and even some of the regular workouts. I’m sure your 2.0 will likely not want to come once she gets old enough, but a good rule to follow is that if she can get herself to a workout she needs to be at FiA.
- If there is no male figure (or Dad is injured) in the 2.0’s sphere then it is expected that Mom (or Dad) will clear it with a PAX at the workout.
To put it simply, someone has to be responsible for your 2.0. It is on YOU to make sure they are covered, do NOT assume someone will just assume that role. That is not the intent of F3 and it does not display the respect we should have for our Brothers.
Some regions have set it up so that 2.0’s under 18 cannot attend a regular boot camp, under 18 are restricted to F3 Dads events only. I do NOT want this for our region, I cannot imagine not having this group of men pouring into my 2.0s. They need to be around men like YOU! But we cannot accept the liability & responsibility of 2.0s without prior consent.